I’m on a mission to help you make small life improvements, set and reach attainable goals, and implement lifelong strategies for a happy and healthy you. My goal is to help you feel like you're living a complete, fulfilled and satisfying life. In order to help you achieve your healthiest body and mind, I believe in a food and nutrition plan that focuses on a balanced approach to eating whole plant-based foods, seasonal, local and organic ingredients.
Whether you’re a crazed executive, stay at home mom, frazzled college student or gym junkie, being healthy can be hard. No matter who you are, your journey to health doesn’t have to feel like an uphill battle. With the right tools, you can save time, money and sanity, and get back on the road to better health.
My program will take your health and happiness from worn out, tired and deprived to radiant, healthful and youthful. The added benefit? You’ll supercharge your health, rev up your energy, maintain a healthy weight, and boost your emotional wellness.
Will you have to put your best foot forward? Yes. Will it require dedication, determination, and an open mind? Well, of course! But will that commitment to you and your health pay off and transform your life? I can nearly guarantee it.
As a Holistic Health Coach and Nutrition Counselor, I will educate, support and help you build healthy new habits for a more beautiful and balanced you - on the inside and out.
Beyond your relationship with food and eating, we’ll cover all the facets that embody your health including relationships, exercise, career and spirituality.
I’m your ticket to transformation. My holistic approach to health is personalized to fit your unique needs, and focuses on timesaving techniques that are easy for you to implement.
What I Do
I am your health coach – and my goal is to educate, inspire and empower you to make better, healthier, more balanced choices in your day-to-day life.
Since no one diet fits all (and diets are a fad anyways), I will work with you to create a sustainable plan and balanced approach to eating for your body type, food interests, and lifestyle.
I believe in:
- Building great new habits and break bad ones. You can reach your goals and become the healthy person you've always wanted to be.
- Balance and moderation. You can be healthy and happy, while still enjoying life's pleasures.
- Self-love and gratitude. When you start making you a priority, your health will follow.
- Small steps can yield big results. You don't need to overhaul your entire life to see results and make progress.
- Breaking a sweat. Even just a quick walk will boost your mood, clear you head, and build healthy habits from the inside out.
- High fives. If you're willing to try, you're going to reap the rewards you deserve.
I don’t believe in:
- Dieting. Period. The latest health craze is not going to help you be your best self for the long haul. Fads are fads for a reason - they come and they go. Lifelong sustainable health is built on the basics: whole foods, joyful movement, mindful rest, and thoughtful nourishment.
- Quick fixes. Bad habits are built over time. Good habits take time to develop and integrate into your unique lifestyle. Time, patience and the right tools will help you build healthy new habits that actually work.
- Haters. Negative energy drains us. Naysayers who don't support your health and wellness journey aren't welcome here. Adios!
I'm committed to guiding you in finding freedom from diets and discover what it truly means to nourish your mind, body, and soul through food. Join me on this amazing journey!
Barb is a board certified holistic health coach and nutrition counselor. Recently relocating from Greenpoint, Brooklyn, Barb lives in Saratoga Springs, NY with her husband and dog, with dreams of having a thriving vegetable garden and micro farm some day.
She received her nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s cutting edge Health Coach Training program. Her education has equipped her with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, practical lifestyle management techniques, innovative health coaching tools and preventative health as taught by some of the world’s top health and wellness experts – Dr. Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Dr. Walter Willet, Dr. Christine Northrup, Dr. David Katz and Geneen Roth. Drawing on these skills and her knowledge of 100 different dietary theories, she works with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real results and reach optimal health.
Barb has a passion for holistic nutrition, integrative and functional medicine, and balanced plant-based eating. Her specific interests include digestive health, autoimmune disease, thyroid disorders and blood sugar control. She also has a passion and interest in prenatal and postnatal health, and childhood health and wellness. Barb is also the Holistic Health Coach and Nutrition Counselor for Raw Space Saratoga.